Psalm 122:6 Pray for the shalom of Jerusalem. May they prosper who love you.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teaching

Teaching was mainly on Isaiah 42. I learned much from this.
Isaiah 42:1 "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.

Of course, “My Servant” is Yeshua, but Yeshua also has a body. He's called a people to be His special servants. A servant knows the will of His Master. The first characteristic of this servant is one who He has put His spirit into.

Isaiah 42:2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.

The second characteristic…he has a quiet spirit.

Isaiah 42:6 "I, YHWH, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the nations, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

The servant is reaching out to those who are taken captive by their old nature.

Isaiah 42:8 I am YHWH, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them."

Our great God has everything under control. He will declare everything to His servants before it occurs!

Isaiah 42:13 YHWH shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.

It is YHWH who will cry out and “prevail against His enemies.”

Isaiah 42:18 " Hear, you deaf; And look, you blind, that you may see. Who is blind but My servant, Or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is perfect, And blind as YHWH's servant?

His servant is completely dependent on the Father. His servant…he is deaf and blind…but it is to the world that he is not listening to or paying attention to!

Isaiah 42:20 Seeing many things, but you do not observe; Opening the ears, but he does not hear." 21 YHWH is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; He will exalt the Torah and make it honorable.

Well I could keep pointing verses out, but instead I’ll just give you a couple more things that YHWH says about Israel - Isaiah 43:1 But now, thus says YHWH, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am YHWH your Elohim, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior…Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you…

No comments:

Post a Comment